By Paul Pannone
New information involving Wedding Wire made top newZ this week as the company continues to struggle to grow in a shrinking wedding market and constant complaints about how they rate vendors. Critics of Wedding Wire including Samantha Goldberg continue to bang the drum against the website listing company that is coming under attack by a rising number of (paying) vendors who find it difficult to communicate with the company.
Despite the criticism Wedding Wire received more funding from Spectrum Equity investors in the amount of $25 million dollars for a limited stake in the company.
Wedding website weasels continue to scatter as the war waged by the American Bridal and Prom Industry Association gains speed and support by wedding industry members. A meeting with Steve Lang, founder of the association, in Chicago says he’s pleased with the results so far but admits there is a long road ahead.
70% of an ongoing eWedNewz poll so far feels Lang’s efforts pose a fair to excellent chance of winning the war, while 30% feel the chances are poor to impossible. In a separate poll 95% of eWedNewz respondents say they support a general wedding industry organization that is well run, offers benefits and is not expensive to join.
FLOW formal’s Yellow Bow Tie campaign added new products to their efforts, including top seller, SWAGGER. Major wholesalers are picking up on the campaign and are asking their key accounts to do the same.
Consumer brides shopping for their 2013 weddings are researching the cost of wedding gowns, driving up an eWedNewz story about the Knot we ran last June.
All Rights Reserved